Cold Showers

Saturday, July 26, 2014
I am a sucker for hot water, realy. But I am planing an experiment with cold showers now, it shouldn't be too dificult but well see when winter comes and cold comes-a-crawling! I don't believe it will have any negative effects on my health otherwise. This post will be updated in accord to my experiences.

I have tried an experiment with this earlier, but it wasn't very sucsessfull, Im hoping that i can make some strong conclusion as a result to this. My earlier thought is that you sometimes need to wash away bacterias with efficient (somewhat warm) water, as bacterias may accumulate in the oils on your skin. But this remains to be seen!

Wish me luck!

update 28/7 2014

Took my first cold shower at work today. At first I was realy not looking forward to it, but when i stepped in I tried imagining it as a normal, warm, shower, and it worked quite well. Well see if it works the next time aswell

update 04/08 2014

No slipping up thus far, and i must say, it's a little challenging for the psyche, but it yields really good results! I haven't worked out seriously (except some rafting and softball) for 10 days, which would normally mean an outbreak, but my skin is very much keeping it's moisture and staying not-irritated (despite wearing alot of wetsuit). I think everyone should give this a go sometime!

update 03/03 2016

Showering in cold water is absolutely vital for my skin

I have been showering in cold water consistently for a while now, I must say, It is so much easier to keep my skin healthy and moistured when i do this. Sometimes it can be a little lame to step into a cold shower after winter surf or a long day snowboarding but it really maintains my skin. I hope everyone will put down their thought of showering in hot water as some "humanitarian right" and give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment